Sunday, January 2, 2011

Steam: Portal

We'll just keep on trying 'til we run out of cake

Back in 2007, I played through Portal over the Veteran's Day weekend. Since it was on my dad's account and computer, I didn't think much of doing anything but just beating the game, making Still Alive my ringtone (until I realized it was much too quiet to adequately hear in most normal circumstances), and going my way with the cultural currency of understanding that the cake, indeed, was a lie.

But in this new decade (to be read duh-kade, Kennedy style), things are different. Steam has tempted me with the challenge of achievements. There is still Science to be done! I'm being serious with that statement; I have to get all the gold medals on Portal challenges, amongst other achievements.

So far I've logged about an hour and I've almost completed this current run, and I've acquired a few additional achievements. Since I've already done the game before, and remember the tricks to the mechanics, it hasn't been any trouble. I'm just hoping that getting the rest of achievements follow this trend. Don't know how long I'll be able to chill in the kiddy pool.

2 comments:

  1. And now Still Alive will be stuck in my head all day. Thank you Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!

    ReplyDelete